The Paper Players 335:


Happy Sunday all!  I hope the weekend has been treating you well so far!  We have had a very chilly weekend but spring-like weather is supposed to be coming our way soon!





This week at The Paper Players, Jaydee's colour theme challenge is GREEN and WHITE:





Since I have been working a lot on my ink blending skills I thought it would be fun to try a masculine card for the gents!

Today I am sharing my ombre background technique (inspired from Jennifer McGuire).  I also found some never before stamped deer heads in my stash - score!


Card Ingredients:

Stamps:  Hampton Art Deer Head, Simon Says Stamp Magical Birthday

Die cuts:  My Favorite Things Stitched Basic Edges
My Favorite Things Blueprints 20, My Favorite Things Blueprints 13

Frosting:  Stampin' Up! inks,  Stampin' Up! cardstock, Tsukineko Versafine Onyx Black



Please be sure to check out the fabulous creations from the rest of the team at The Paper Players, leave some love, and play along!!

Cheers all!






Comments

~amy~ said…
Deanne, this is AWESOME.
Deanne, I love those handsome bucks and the gorgeous ombre colors on your card. The stitched papers look amazing, too! Wishing you a wonderful week, My Friend! XX
LeAnne said…
Very cool technique....I love ombre but am a wee bit afraid of it, LOL! I am sure I'll mess it up somehow! Love the masculine feel to this too!
What a great ombre effect you've created Deanne and I love your unusual layout - very modern and graphic. Nice to see a bright masculine card too.
Nance Leedy said…
Ooooh, I love this ombre look--fabulous technique! Love the deer heads too and I always admire the placement of your sequins--just perfect!
laurie said…
Awesome! I love that ombre!
stampwithsandy said…
Love your ombre background and those deer heads are so cool! Fab card, Deanne!
Jaydee said…
Deanne, you used Jennifer's inspiration beautifully - your ombre blending is fabulous. I love how the embossed areas fade out. I also love that this is a masculine card without the usual browns and blues. Wonderful. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week
jaydee

Popular Posts